Firstly, we would like to give you the definition of general house cleaning. According to the information provided by websites that offer cleaning service, general house cleaning involves mopping, sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming areas like the kitchen, bedroom, living room, and toilet.
This process should be carried out once a week to keep the hygiene of your house. Besides, knowing what is included in general house cleaning will improve the efficiency of your task. Let’s check.
Table of Contents
What Is Included In General House Cleaning? For Specific Area
#1. The Living Room
The living room is the first impression of anyone coming to your house, so you have to concentrate on cleaning this area. The first thing you have to do is cleaning the floor:
- Vacuum: For wood floors, you have to use a vacuum to wipe out all the dust. The reason is that water may damage this type of material. On the contrary, if you have a granite or ceramic floor, you can use a mop with a cleaning solution to wash.
- Damp cloth: We can be sure that your living room can lack furniture. To deal with cleaning furniture, we suggest using a wet cloth to dust every furniture surface spot. You should then spray a little amount of scented liquid to keep an enjoyable smell in your living room.
- Furniture polish: This item is effective in dealing with wooden furniture and decoration. However, you should have a look at the instruction and label of the furniture polish before using it. Or else, these household products may bring adverse effects.
#2. The Kitchen
Cleaning the kitchen often includes washing dishes, drying them, cleaning kitchen appliances like an oven or a microwave, and arranging every kitchen object into order.
For washing dishes, you should prepare these items:
- Heavy-duty sponge: Useful to tackle down persistent dirty marks
- Non-abrasive scrubber: Recommended for gentle washing
- Dish soap: This item will bring a pleasant smell and removing the uncomfortable odor
- Dish rack: For placing the wet dishes after cleaning them
- Rubber gloves: A pair of rubber gloves will prevent the strong chemical substances in dish soap from affecting your hands
For drying dishes:
- Dish rack and the natural sunlight is the economical method for drying dishes
- If budget is not your problem, you can afford an automatic dish dryer
For cleaning kitchen appliances:
- Soapy water: To sink the racks of ovens and microwaves in
- Cleaning solution: You can spray a moderate amount of cleaning solution into the ovens and microwaves’ inner space. Next, you need to use a sponge to take off the ashes and stains
- Pleasant-smell fluid (for microwave): This thing is efficient to take off all the unpleasant odor in your microwave. All you have to do is turn on the microwave and wait for a few minutes
For putting all the stuff in the cabinets into an order:
- Trash bin: You have to make sure that you should throw it away if there is anything redundant in the cabinets. Leaving unused items in the kitchen cabinets not only consumes the space but it also creates stuffiness contributing to the thriving of bacteria
- A wet cloth: This thing is useful to wipe out all the dirts in the cabinets
- A dry cloth: You have to dry the cabinets before putting things back
#3. The Bedroom
Before we start, we want you to know that washing the floor is a compulsory procedure in general house cleaning. There are some items you should opt for when cleaning the bedroom floor:
- Vacuum or mop: Using a vacuum or a mop will depend on your bedroom floor’s material. Specifically, for a wooden floor, you should use a vacuum to wipe out the dirt. On the other side, if you have a granite bedroom floor, using a mop is a favorable option
- Cleaning solution with enjoyable scent: Cleaning solution is powerful enough to eliminate the floor’s persistent stain and dirt. What’s more, it provides your bedroom with an attractive smell, so you will always have a relaxing feeling whenever you walk into your bedroom
After cleaning the bedroom floor, you have to arrange your bed to not end up in a mess. The reason is that a tidy and organized bed will provide you with wonderful sleep and relaxing time. Besides, looking at a well-organized bed can boost your energy to move on to completing up-coming steps.
While clearing up the clutter bed, you should keep a laundry bag or garbage bag with you. Why? You can conveniently put the redundant stuff into the bag whenever you want.
In the bedroom, the bed is not the only necessary furniture. Of course, you will have a closet for storing your favorite outfits. To successfully organize and clean the closet, we suggest you prepare some items below:
- Carton or plastic containers: These accessories will assist you in categorizing your clothes into specific sections. For example, one container is for winter clothes, and the other is for summer ones, etc
- Odor eliminator spray or perfume: You can take advantage of these items to bring a satisfying scent to the closet and your clothes
To be honest, the toilet is the spot that none of us want to spend much of our time in, especially cleaning. However, this spot is considered as a place beneficial to the increase of harmful bacteria. As a result, you need to put more effort into cleaning the toilet. Below, we will give you the list of stuff you should opt for before completing this household task:
- A pair of water-resistant rubber gloves: This thing will keep the bacteria from affecting your hands
- Scrub sponge: For cleaning the outer parts of the toilet
- Toilet cleaner: This thing always comes in the form of liquid or powder. Its proficiency in burnishing the surface of your toilet is unquestionable
- Toilet brush: For cleaning the toilet bowl
- Pumice Stone: Helpful when you need to remove stubborn stains
Cleaning a house by yourself can be seen as a satisfying hobby. The reason is that it will help you to exercise after long-hour working and sitting still in front of the computer screen. Besides, it will be great to enjoy your cleaning result and see how organized and tidy your house becomes.
Thoroughly knowing the answer to the question: “what is included in general house cleaning?” will boost your cleaning task efficiency and save up much of your time. The items we have listed above for general cleaning specific areas in your house can meet your demand, follow our tutorial and you won’t get disappointed.