There is nothing worse than feeling eyeglasses get dirty and smudged all the time. You are wondering how to remove oil film from eyeglasses? What is the secret to keeping eyeglasses clean?
Honestly, we have tested and applied the cleaning tip below successfully for many years. These steps will help to clean your eyeglasses without any stains or scratches. Let’s try, and we promise you will not be disappointed!
Table of Contents
How To Remove Oil Film From Eyeglasses?
Every day, our eyeglasses are in contact with a variety of oils from our facial skin, hands, and hair. After a while, these oils will form into a film on your eyeglasses that make blurred or obscured vision. Removing this oil film is very simple and only takes a few seconds. So, let’s take a look!
What You Will Need
1) Lens cleaner
2) A dry towel (the best is a soft, microfiber towel)
3) White vinegar
What To Do
1) Spray a sufficient amount of glass cleaner on each glass lens.
If your lens has any coating, you need to read the cleaning product recommendation from the manufacturer.
Do not use bleach, vinegar, or window cleaner, because it may remove the coating of your lenses.
2) Gently wipe off the oil film on the surface with a microfiber towel. A microfiber towel is the best thing for cleaning eyeglasses. The towel is a combination of nylon and polyester, guaranteed not to scratch your lenses.
3) Repeat until the oil-stained plaque is removed.
If the oil plaque has been building up for too long, you should try cleaning with white vinegar to replace the glass cleaner. The steps are the same as above.
How To Keep Your Eyeglasses Looking Like New For A Long Time?
What Can Hurt Your Glasses?
- Avoid using paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, etc. to clean your glasses. These all contain ingredients from wood and are likely to scratch your glasses.
- Do not use cleaning products that have acetone or ammonia ingredients. Acetone and ammonia are extremely destructive to both the plastic lens and frame of your glass.
- Avoid using hot water to clean the glass, because they can warp the glass frame.
How To Keep Your Eyeglasses Clean?
- Plastic glasses are easy to get scratched on the surface. Over time, these small scratches start to look like a film on the glass surface and cannot be restored. Therefore, you should clean your glasses regularly.
- Always carry some lens cleaning wipes that have been dampened. You can easily find this item at any supermarket.
- Make sure to change the cleaning towel often. You could scratch or oil the glass surface with the used towels.
- If your glasses are rim-painted, you need to choose the right cleaning material and be careful when cleaning the frames so as not to remove the paint.
- Remember to wash your hands before cleaning the glasses. It will reduce the chance of having fingerprints on the glasses.
Read more: is it safe to clean eyeglasses with alcohol
We hope that the advice we have shared above will help you answer the question, “How to remove oil film from eyeglasses?”. It is annoying to see a stain right in the center of your lens, isn’t it? Whether you have just started wearing glasses or used to wear glasses for a long time, you should keep these tips in mind for always having clean eyeglasses!