You may have heard a lot about the outstanding benefits of Pine Sol for cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces. This product washes away stubborn grease stains in the kitchen perfectly, and it works even better on the bathroom tile floor. The pleasant pine scent brings comfort to your house.
I discovered another of Pine Sol’s great uses on certain surfaces such as fabrics and furniture when I was cleaning the other day. I tried to use Pine Sol for various purposes and the cleaning effect truly amazes me.
But if you are asking yourself the question: can you use Pine Sol on carpet?, then I will talk more about my experience below. Check it out!
Table of Contents
Can You Use Pine Sol On Carpet?
Yes, this product can surely be used on your carpets. I have carefully consulted its ingredient list and discovered that Pine Sol does not contain ammonia which means it can remove all the dirt without discoloring the fabric.
If you have pets or children at home, carpets are prone to unwanted dirt and the cleaning process with ordinary washing powder takes a lot of time and effort. That’s why Pine Sol becomes handy in this situation.
Now we need to learn a little bit about Pine Sol first. Let’s start step by step.
What Are The Uses Of Pine Sol?
Pine Sol, which belongs to the Clorox manufacturer, is an American brand of disinfectants and deodorants. It has become the leading detergent product in many countries for the past 80 years. At first, I just tried the company’s most popular product line, Pine Sol Original.
I also bought some remaining cleansers, including Lemon Fresh, Lavender Clean, and Sparkling Wave. Though my experience with them is good, I still recommend you to try the original version.
Pine Sol is famous for its superior bactericidal ability (up to 99%), grime, grease, and dirt. This cleaning agent completely removes the oil stains from my sink, gas stove, and kitchen exhaust fan. Its effect even becomes stronger on bathroom soils.
The main ingredients of Pine Sol include pine oil, Isopropyl alcohol, sulfonic acid, and alkyl alcohol ethoxylates. It has received EPA certification for safety, especially for children and pregnant women.
Last but not least, Pine Sol effectively eliminates odors. I used it to treat the smell of vomit and animal urine. The original version comes up with a pleasant and fresh pine scent. The ability to retain odors also lasts longer than other cleaning products.
How Can You Remove Stains On Carpet With Pine-Sol?
From now on, we will get back to some professional cleaning tips. Let’s start learning how to use Pine Sol to remove carpet stains. The process includes the following steps.
- Step 1: Prepare microfiber wipes or sponges, water, and Original Pine Sol (concentrated).
- Step 2: Rub a little Pine Sol on grease or carpet stains. You can also use the product on an entire rug to refresh it completely. If you are not sure about the color-fastness of your rug, it would be best to test in a few less visible areas first.
- Step 3: Let the soaked areas rest for 15 minutes. Then, dip the towel in the water and use it to wipe off the Pine Sol liquid. It would be best if you repeated this movement several times until the carpet became clean.
- Step 4: Use another cloth to dry the area thoroughly.
Cleaning carpet with Pine Sol is as easy as a piece of cake. You can remove stubborn spot stains easily without moving the carpet to another place. After that, if you still suffer from an unpleasant smell, Pin -Sol becomes your savior again. Please refer to my method in the next section.
How Can You Deodorize And Disinfect Your Carpet With Pine Sol?
Pet vomit or urine can leave an unpleasant odor even after a thorough cleaning. Don’t worry; you’ve got a Pine Sol disinfectant. I am deeply impressed with the excellent deodorization of this product. Let’s get to work right now.
- Step 1: Make sure you clean the carpet thoroughly before doing anything else. Prepare a spray bottle (optional) and Pine Sol solution (use your favorite scent).
- Step 2: Pour concentrated Pine Sol solution into the bottle and spray directly onto the smelly area. If you do not have a spray bottle available, apply the liquid with a damp cloth or sponges.
- Step 3: Let the area rest for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse Pine Sol with water.
- Step 4: Dry the carpet carefully.
The fresh scent of Pine Sol cleaner overwhelms other unpleasant odors in a split second. My routine also helps to kill harmful bacteria on the carpet that humans cannot see. Though being that strong, it is suitable for families with young children. That’s why Pine Sol has become the first choice of many housewives.
What Should You Do To Get Rid Of Pine Sol Odor?
In my opinion, Pine-Sol’s pine scent creates a cozy feeling in my house. However, some of my friends seem to be annoyed with it. They shared with me some tips to get rid of the Pine Sol odor. If you are going through the same problem, here are some things you can do:
- Using Baking soda: Place a bowl of baking soda in a room that has a Pine Sol odor. Its main effect is to absorb heavy smells and return fresh air to your home.
- Utilizing activated charcoal powder: Find a carton and fill it with activated charcoal powder. Spread the powder evenly across the bottom to about 1 inch thick. If your room is large, prepare more boxes to absorb the smell better.
- Using unscented cat litter: Basically, it also works to neutralize the scent in your home. I apply the same implementation as the two materials mentioned above.
- Opening the windows: Leave the windows and doors open to create air circulation. If the weather seems bad, you can take advantage of some electrical equipment such as air purifiers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, or exhaust fans. Their filters can remove odors in your house.
I want to emphasize once again the wonderful effect of Pine Sol cleaner. You can use this product on many different surfaces such as plastic, glass, fabric, or cement. Can you use Pine Sol on carpet? – Yes, and it makes your cleaning much easier.
I hope my experiences can work for all of you. Do not hesitate to leave a message if you discover any other great uses for Pine Sol cleaner.